CoreSpace Inc., a dynamic, established and growing Colocation, Cloud, and Web Hosting provider, is looking to immediately hire a Sr. Systems Administrator / Security Engineer. Candidates must be self-starters, disciplined and very reliable. The available position is fast paced, dynamic and highly demanding. Excellent planning, troubleshooting, work ethic, attention to detail, management and documentation skills are essential for success in this role. Ideal candidates must possess Unix & Windows server administration experience and work well in a team environment. Previous experience in a hosting or datacenter environment that was focused on delivering PCI-DSS and HIPPA solutions is a plus. Potential candidates will be responsible for our internal systems architecture and provide escalated assistance for customer environments. They will also work with our sales team on designing and implementing customer solutions in a sales engineering capacity, as well as being a point-of-contact for platinum level customers. On a lesser degree also assist with answering customer support tickets, facilitating customer visits to their colocation services, maintaining our managed hosting environments (physical and virtual), performing hardware and software upgrades across multiple OS platforms, and assist in backend infrastructure and datacenter facility projects.
We are looking for great team members and people with a customer-focused attitude. We pride ourselves with our ability to go above and beyond for our customers, as well as working well with our fellow employees. We have a small company atmosphere, which allows for a comfortable work environment where everyone is accessible and interested in your success.
Salary is negotiable and based on experience. Excellent benefits are provided and we are hiring immediately.
· Thorough understanding and proven experience building and managing PCI-DSS and/or HIPPA solutions. Experience completing yearly audits and/or certifications from 3rd party auditors, or at least completing SAQ’s. CISSP, PCIP, PCI-SSC ISA certifications are highly desirable.
· Possess that unique blend of an inviting and outgoing personality coupled with ninja-like technical acumen to discover, design, and then implement custom solutions for prospective clients in a sales engineering role.
· Comfortable maintaining and administering Linux and FreeBSD servers in a hosting environment with an emphasis on Redhat, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu and FreeBSD.
· Thorough understanding and administration of common HTTP Servers (Apache, Nginx, Lightspeed), scripting and programming languages (PHP, Perl, Java/Tomcat Server, Python), database servers (MySQL, MariaDB, Percona, NoSQL, PostgreSQL) in a *nix environment.
· Experienced with maintaining and administering Windows 2003-2012 servers in a hosting environment supporting IIS and MSSQL 2008 +.
· The ability to automate complex tasks through scripting and development using API’s, shell scripting, PHP, Perl, etc. . .
· Virtualization experience with Xen Server, VMWare, Hyper-V, KVM , and cloud orchestration software such as OnApp, OpenStack, or Cloudstack is welcomed.
· The ability to create, deliver, and support highly available environments using clustering and load balancing technologies.
· Network security through common software firewalls as well as hardware appliance experience with a preference towards Cisco ASA or Juniper SSG appliances would be greatly valued.
· Familiarity with racking servers, basic datacenter power concepts, and network cabling.
· Creative problem resolution skills, and the ability to solve problems by analytical reasoning rather then repetitive learning.
· Exceptional soft skills and customer service attitude required.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential for success in this position.
· Trustworthy, reliable, and a customer-focused attitude are a MUST.
· The ability to provide sales engineering and customer implementation as well as ongoing project management functions.
· A bachelor’s degree in a related field, and/or industry certifications are highly desirable.
· Employer-paid Health Care options
· Dental and Vision plans
· 4% Employer 401k match
· Profit Sharing opportunities
· PTO and Holiday pay
· Free Snacks and Drinks (Most live off Monster)
· Company Lounge, Ping Pong, Basketball hoop, Golden-Tee (soon)
· Great Dallas location!
· Flexible scheduling for continuing education (school)
· Comfortable work environment
· Frequent company sponsored activities
· Friendly, helpful and cooperative co-workers
· Free cake for your birthday. Who doesn’t like free cake?
Why work at CoreSpace?
· Fun but serious dynamic environment
· Direct interaction with founder, CEO and Executive Management Team
· Largest privately held 100% woman owned Data Center in US
· Entire company shares in sales success
· Rare Tech Company: Profitable with zero debt
· Good customer reputation and loyalty
· Startup mentality with entrepreneurial team sprit
· Dotcom like financial payout possible
· Seasoned Management Team